Tuesday 26 June 2012

YUVRAJ SINGH TARGETS ICC WORLD T20 COMEBACK



Yuvraj the Indian batsman who is recovering from treatment for cancer, has begun training at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore. Although he said he did not want to rush his comeback, Yuvraj was hopeful of making the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka in September.
"I will be in [the] NCA for a while now. I want to come back and play for India, that's my goal. It's not very easy on the body. I have gone through a lot and my body has gone through a lot of shock," Yuvraj said. "People are expecting me to come back very quickly, but I don't want to rush. I will have to take my time and come back 100% fit.
"[I'm] feeling good. My body will become stronger stage by stage. Twenty20 world cup is my target. Hopefully I can be ready little before that." Yuvraj hoped he could play in some domestic tournaments as part of his comeback attempt.He was diagonised with a type of cancer called "mediastinal seminoma", a germ-cell tumour located between his two lungs, in February

No comments:

Post a Comment